I found myself in Kifissia to continue the conversation we had started with Kostas Chatziavas during a photo shoot at the Recipe Bar and we ended up preparing a profile and set the result!
- Since when have you been working in bars?
Since I was sixteen years old as an assistant in bars.
- How did you decide to involve with bartending?
Because I like to make drinks and host people in the bars I work.
- What makes your job exciting?
The everyday communication with people.
- Do you prefer a Hotel Bar or a Bar?
- City or island?
- Greece or abroad?
- What’s your favorite spirit, ingredient and cocktail?
Whisky, citrus, Mint Julep.
- Which is your favorite beer?
I would choose Mamos.
- Do you have a favorite technique or tool?
Stirring and jiggers.
- Favorite travel destination?
- Is the customer, always right?
In theory yes, in practice no!
- What’s the level of bartending in Greece today?
Bartending in Greece is on the rise, there is constant evolution, information and great creativity.
- Are you reading about the industry?
Of course, I like to get constantly informed. I would suggest the Savoy Bar book.
- What does it mean or what it should mean “I won in a bartending competition”?
It means readability and distinction. It should mean not just being comfortable with it.
- In a festival/bartending exhibition you would go for a walk, for the trip, for networking or education?
I would go for education and networking.
- What or who would we say that is inspiring you at your job?
My love for this job
- What are the elements, the ideal bartender should have?
Be clean, kind and smiling…
- What’s the “ingredient” for a successful bartender?
Knowledge and experience.
- How are you circulating?
- Where would you take us for a drink?
I would take you to a bar in Chalandri, as it is my favorite area.
- You drink your beer….?
Where ever the company goes.
12 Kassaveti str, Kifissia