Pleasant, smiling and social. Those who have seen him do not have to accuse him of a negative. Argyris Veniamin is not the “Benjamin”, the small, of the industry. If you do not have a drink from his hands, he will certainly drink from yours, in one of his visits as Brand Ambassador, to your business.
- Since when have you been working in bars?
- How did you decide to involve with bartending?
For the extra money.
- What makes your job exciting?
- Do you prefer a Hotel Bar or a Bar?
Bar. In contrast with the hotel restaurants, there are little hotels which make good use of their bars.
- City or island?
As I am from a highly tourist destination, what I always wanted was to live in the rhythms of a city, so until now I am enjoying my life in Athens.
- Greece or abroad?
I haven’t lived abroad and I would like to do it, so that I could tell you with certainty.
- What’s your favorite spirit, ingredient and cocktail?
Whisky, citrus, Whisky Crusta.
- Which is your favorite beer?
Kirki Pale Ale.
- Do you have a favorite technique or tool?
Throw and Shaker.
- Favorite travel destination?
- Is the customer, always right?
No, but neither the bartender is always right!
- What’s the level of bartending in Greece today?
I think we have a very good level.
- Are you reading about the industry?
What I am reading now it the Mac Lean’s Miscellany of Whisky and I would highly recommend it.
- What does it mean or what it should mean “I won in a bartending competition”?
Definitely publicity, but there are plenty of variables that define how a win will work for each one.
- In a festival/bartending exhibition you would go for a walk, for the trip, for networking or education?
For all the above.
- What or who would we say that is inspiring you at your job?
The unlimited development you can have in the industry.
- What are the elements, the ideal bartender should have?
Perception – Patience – Insight. And a very good liver…
- Seminar or Tasting/Pairing?
Both for a different result.
- Bartender or Ambassador?
Bartender Ambassador 😊
- Where would you take us for a drink?
At Spoiled Bar in Daphne and at Jazz in Jazz in Kolonaki.
- You drink your beer….?
With a shot of whisky.
7 Alkminis str, Athens