Bartender Angelos Kourtsopoulos was born in 1986 in Greece. He studied Tourism and worked in many places, London among them. He also worked in many businesses in Thessaloniki. This period we will find him in Myconos island working at Beef Bar.
- Since when have you been working in bars?
- How did you decide to involve with bartending?
Because I liked creating and fine dinning.
- What makes your job exciting?
Reading, spirits tasting, creativity, the character, the decency. Of course technique and hospitality.
- Day or Night?
- Do you prefer a Hotel Bar or a Bar?
I’ve done both but I prefer a bar.
- City or island?
- Greece or abroad?
I’ve been abroad. London and Egypt, but I prefer our country.
- What’s your favorite spirit, ingredient and cocktail?
Whiskey, Bitters, Boulevardier.
- Which is your favorite beer?
Brewdog Punk IPA.
- Do you have a favorite technique or tool?
Mixing glass and stirring.
- Your favorite travel destination is…?
The Caribbean Islands.
- Is the customer, always right?
- What’s the level of bartending in Greece today?
It has a big growth but sometimes it has also exploitation.
- How are you circulating?
- Where would you take us for a drink?
Cafe Bar 51 in Kalamaria (Thessaloniki).
- You drink your beer….?
Always in a glass.